doctor who master post
for all episodes with the very first doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the second doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the third doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the fourth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the fifth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the sixth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the seventh doctor, click here.
for the tv episode with the eighth doctor, click here.
for all episodes with the ninth. tenth and eleventh doctor, click here.
Well now it’s not even ambiguous.
Okay, someone making up these captchas is a Whovian. This is getting ridiculous.
It’s because Moffat says that technically when Ten began to regenerate and then took the DNA from the hand and regenerated into Ten again, that it counts as a whole other Doctor/Regeneration.
It’s kinda fucked up.
This episode effectively undid ALL OF NuWHO and I am displeased. This new line of not using the time-lock means that
1) Eccleston doesn’t really exist the same way
2) Since 9 doesn’t continue in the same way, Rose /probably died/.
3) The Master never would have been a problem, since the Time Lock was the reason Rassilon made The Master go crazy in the first place. Which means goodbye Martha storyline.
4) SO MANY PLOTHOLES.
5) We already went over that The Doctor can’t go back and change things, otherwise badness happens. He can’t keep rewriting his own history, especially when that history changes the history of the entire universe. All of the regenerations after Hurt shouldn’t exist now. They were born out of specific circumstances that don’t exist anymore.
6) Ughhh too much frustration to continue right now BUT SO MANY MORE THINGS WRONG WITH THIS EPISODE alsolazywriting.
Does anyone else think they’re gearing up for a Strax/Vastra/Jenny spinoff series now that “The Sarah Jane Adventures” is no longer a thing?
(Because I would definitely watch that.)
How Moffat Ruined Doctor Who For My Little Sister
[DOCTOR WHO SPOILERS AHEAD]
Submitted by holycheeseandcrackers
Right, so, anyone who follows me knows that I am Not A Moffat Fan.
I have absolutely no expectations or high-hopes for the new season of Doctor Who, (he’s put me right off Sherlock, I probably won’t even watch the new season of that), and to be honest, I am exhausted with pointing out his poor writing, his use of queers as punch-lines or to ‘sex things up a bit’ and his horrendous portrayal of women. Not to mention the fact that he has utterly destroyed a show that was a part of my childhood, hugely important to me, and influenced my further explorations into fantasy and sci-fi. I have made and reblogged countless posts about how disappointed and angry I am, and at this stage I really just feel like ignoring everything until someone more competent replaces him.
I can remember the exact moment that I realised how bad the writing in Doctor Who had become:
“I don’t get it, one minute she wants to marry you, the next minute she wants to kill you!”
“She’s been brainwashed, it probably makes sense to her. Plus, she’s a woman. Oh, shut up!”
That scene was like two slaps in the face for me. First I am told that the Doctor (my Doctor) now considers my sex to be irrational and over-emotional. Then, after that, I am told that I am not allowed to complain about this. I am not allowed to say anything. I am told “Oh, shut up!” in manner which suggests that if I protest, I clearly just don’t have a sense of humour.
By the Doctor. The Doctor said that. I can’t even imagine 10 or 9 saying anything like that. It was like the Doctor had become Moffat’s mouth-piece.
After that scene, I literally just sat there, practically in shock, going Oh, wow. That one cut deep. Oh wow that was bad.
So when I watched Asylum of The Daleks, I couldn’t even be bothered. I could not. Even. Be. Bothered. I watched as the pointless, nonsensical plot meandered along, not even able to gather the strength to wonder
- Why the hell there are suddenly shitloads of Daleks,
- Why the Doctor has a new nickname (The Predator) that is also apparently age-old that we’ve never heard of,
- How Skaro has magically appeared again,
- Why Moffat thinks we all have the attention span of five-year-olds (a continuing theme)which means he has to break up an important couple off-screen and then BOOM reunite them in the same episode before it even sinks in and we can actually Give A Fuck (Again, a continuing theme – Moffat, I am not going to Give A Fuck about Mels if you cram her down my throat in a montage, and then shoot her, and then have her be River Song all in the space of ten minutes),
- Why Amy’s only concern with the whole children thing is ‘oooh poor Rory’ and not ‘actually I was trapped by a freaky cult and forced to give birth against my will so yeah, no, won’t be doing that again’ – Seriously, when she said “I can’t have children” I IMMEDIATELY assumed she meant that it would be mentally too traumatic for her.
- Why the hell Moffat thinks he can smugly claim that he represents queers in the show when he keeps pulling shit like “I went through a phase” and then has the character say that they only mentioned their girl-on-girl experience because they’re flirting.
- How the fuck Rory thinks that it is healthy, and not at all passive-aggressive to say “I love you more! We both know it!”. Seriously, that is some fucking Mr. Nice Guy TM behaviour right there. I previously liked Rory, though he had his flaws (e.g. his constant inability to trust Amy when it came to the Doctor), but that was a disturbing insight into the way his mind works. He clearly ‘keeps score’ of the things they both do for each other, and that is just wrong. 2,000 years, Rory? You weren’t ASKED to wait. You didn’t HAVE to. But now you’re going to hold that over Amy’s head as Proof I Love You More And You Can Never Top That forever? After everything Amy has been through? Jesus.
- Plus there was the weird implication that if Amy did love Rory less, that means she has less love in her for the Daleks to erase. So if she can’t love Mr. Super Perfect Rory, she can’t love anyone? What about her family, her friends? Get over yourself, Rory.
- So many other things. Too many other things.
And to be honest, I wasn’t even going to bother complaining about it. I am just shit sick of Moffat, and his failure to listen to any criticism whatsoever, and his brushing off of the concerns of the show’s fans.
But then something happened that has made me very angry, and I feel the need to share.
I really, really, really want Dame Maggie Smith as the next Doctor.
Monetary Units in Doctor Who
I potentially have too much time on my hands.
Hearing The Doctor mention in “Voyage of the Damned” that £1,000,000 was worth 50,000,056 Universal Credits, I decided to figure out exactly how much one Universal Credit was worth.
After all the calculation was said and done, I worked out that 1UC = £0.02 = $0.03, that £1 ≈ 50UC, and that $1 ≈ 33.11UC.
Now I can waste time figuring out exactly how many universal credits I have.
HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE YOU TO WATCH DOCTOR WHO?
FIRST DOCTOR: 54 h 24m 36s
SECOND DOCTOR: 47h 19m 12s
THIRD DOCTOR: 51h 53m 8s
FOURTH DOCTOR: 69h 6m 4s
FIFTH DOCTOR: 30h 3s
SIXTH DOCTOR: 17h 18m 4s
SEVENTH DOCTOR: 17h 5m 31s
EIGHTH DOCTOR: 1h 24m 34s
NINTH DOCTOR: 9h 30m 38s
TENTH DOCTOR: 38h 11m 18s
ELEVENTH DOCTOR (UP TO THE SNOWMAN) 26h 40m 46s
GRAND TOTAL: 362 h 53m 54s
that’s 21,773.9 minutes of Doctor who or 1,306,434 seconds if you prefer.
15 days straight.
Sir, please do not noogie me during combat prep.